PROGRAMMES: Transfrontier Conservation Areas
Lubombo Conservancy-Goba TFCA
Contributed by Wisdom M D Dlamini, Swaziland TFCA Programme Manager, 2005
The major objective is to promote sustainable economic development and the sustainable utilisation of natural resources in the Area for the benefit of present and future generations by identifying and establishing appropriate and viable economic activities and initiatives in the area.
- Malarial Control Program is successful, making the area more visitor-friendly
- Completion of Mhlumeni Border and Siteki-Mhlumeni Road
- Tourism Complex at Mlawula Nature Reserve
- Shewula Camp and Nature Reserve is representation of community-based conservation and development.
- Appointment of TFCA Programme Manager beginning August 2004
- Reconstitution of Task Team
- Finalization of Concept Document and Action Plan
- Held preliminary meetings with stakeholders on future of the TFCA
- Opening of the Mhlumeni-Goba border
More information on the Lubombo Conservancy